I love chicken salad, and this Jalapeno Chicken Salad ranks very high on my list. It is a keeper, and I have been making it for years. Chicken Salad is very versatile and can be eaten as a salad, on crackers for a snack, on croissants…heck, even baked in croissants (this is K’s favorite way of eating it), and even in a tortilla bowl. Want to know how to make your own bowls, saving you calories AND money? Check out this post to learn how!
I have loved chicken salad since I was a wee one. My Mom used to roast an entire chicken and then cut up the tender meat….of course sneaking a bite or two along the way…..who could blame her…..adding in the Hellman’s mayonnaise and salt and pepper. Nowadays, people try to save time and use the canned chicken. Big mistake! My opinion only, and I am sorry if I offended anyone, but I just don’t like the quality and the taste of canned chicken. Plus the sodium content is sky-high!
I very rarely bake or roast an entire chicken. Although at Kroger’s you can buy a roasted chicken for $6.99, OR catch it on special for $3.99. Now that is a good day in my book! In the summer months, you can usually find
me PT grilling marinated chicken breasts, and in the winter, I tend to bake or saute them.
No getting around it, this Jalapeno Chicken Salad is a crowd pleaser! As my Mom is heading into town for a visit I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes with you all. I hope you like it as much as I do!
Jalapeno Chicken Salad
Serves: 4 Printable Recipe
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- ½ medium celery stalk, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- ½ red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeno, chopped fine
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix mayonnaise and lime juice in small bowl until combined. In large bowl toss chicken, celery, onion, bell pepper, cilantro and jalapeno. Add mayonnaise mixture and toss until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 days.