Wicked Weekend Part Deaux! Last weekend we truly splurged with Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Bars, so this week we need to tone in down with something a little more subtle. I can’t get enough of these pretzel nuggets! What makes them even better? They are ready in less than 15 minutes! Woo hoo! You have surprise company and need a snack…. you have a party to go to and didn’t have time to pick up a hostess gift….your child is feeling hurt or angry….cinnamon sugar nuggets to the rescue!
Take my advice, don’t skimp on the pretzel. I will be the first one to buy the store brand of anything and everything, BUT I am telling you not to for these. I have tried many different store brand varieties and nothing, I repeat NOTHING, compares to Hanover Snyder’s sourdough pretzel nuggets.
Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Nuggets
(Originally from Taste of Home’s Treasury of Christmas Recipes)
1 package (15 to 18 ounces) sourdough pretzel nuggets (I prefer Snyder’s Hanover)
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup sugar
1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
– Place pretzels in a microwave safe bowl (I use a big glass pasta bowl).
– In a small bowl, combine oil, sugar and cinnamon; pour over pretzels; toss to coat.
– Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes; stir.
– Microwave 3-4 minutes longer, stirring after each minute or until oil is absorbed.
– Spread out onto parchment or waxed paper, and cool to room temperature.
*What’s hiding under that green towel? Yummy cinnamon roll dough proofing, of course! I thought I had a fool-proof recipe, but I made it recently for K and his friend, and they just fell short in my opinion. Yes, I am my own worst critic! Stay tuned….also working on a yeast free version as well.