Do you all remember the Slutty Brownies that were an internet sensation a few years back?
A few weeks ago I kicked them up a notch by adding in crushed Butterfingers, and all I can say is WOW! They were unbelievable! Slutty Brownies married Butterfingers creating the merger now known as Fudgy Chocolate Chip Oreo Butterfinger Brownies! Phew! What a mouthful. 😉
I wanted to make a friends mixed berry cobbler recipe, but didn’t have all of the ingredients! Mary, can you believe I still haven’t made it? I know that Kroger’s is just down the street, but time was of the essence and I had zero desire to make the trek. That is the way I am rolling these days….. Once I am home, I want to stay there. Which means we make do with what we have! Unless I can convince PT to make the run for me!!
Thankfully, I had a brownie mix, Oreo’s stashed away , chocolate chip cookie dough, and at the last minute decided to kick it up a notch with leftover Butterfingers from xmas. No, I will not tell you what xmas…..that is my little secret! I will tell you this secret though. The cookie dough was store bought! I didn’t have any cookie dough balls in the freezer using this full proof chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe. What I did have was a box of Kitchen Essentials Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough that I had bought at Gordon Food Service. If you have never been to GFS…..go….it is like a mini Sam’s Club or Costco but smaller. No membership required! Ding, Ding, Ding!!!
These cookies are fabulous in a pinch. I still insist that homemade is the best kind, but if you are in a pinch these are the BOMB…..surpassing any that you can purchase at the supermarket. In this case I have K’s Spanish class to thank for having these in the freezer. He had to bring some into class on a Monday …. if anyone can tell me how Mexico relates to chocolate chip cookies I will give you a fabulous prize ….. I happened to pass a GFS on the way home from a hockey game that Sunday, and knew that I would be taking the easy way out!! Can anyone blame me? 😉
Seriously, go check GFS out….you can thank me later.
Let me tell you how quickly these come together when you are semi cheating! Press your chocolate chip cookie dough into a greased 13×9 pan. If you want thicker bars, you can use an 11×7, you will just need to increase the baking time a bit. Press your Oreo cookies lightly into the cookie dough and sprinkle your chopped Butterfinger pieces all over. Whip up your favorite batch of brownies….like I said earlier, I used a mix…..and pour it over the Oreo and Butterfinger layer, spreading evenly. Sprinkle some more chopped Butterfinger on top, and you are all set to throw it in the oven!
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, making sure not to bake too long! There is nothing worse than overcooked brownies! A toothpick will not come out completely clean for this recipe. Remove and cool completely on a wire rack. If you can’t wait to dive in….why not add a scoop of ice cream on top! Now that would be decadent!!
Have a great weekend! Shaunna
- 1 box chocolate brownie mix, 13 x 9 size
- 1 pkg frozen or refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (you can use homemade as well)
- 1 pkg Double Stuffed Oreo's
- 1 (10 count) Butterfinger snack size candy bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x9 pan with baking spray, set aside.
- Press prepared chocolate chip cookie dough into bottom of prepared pan, pressing evenly. Lightly press oreo cookies into the cookie dough. You should be able to get 12-15 Oreo's onto the dough. Sprinkle chopped butterfinger's over the Oreo's, saving some for the topping.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the back of the box. Pour over the Oreo's and butterfinger's, spreading with a spatula if necessary. Sprinkle the remaining butterfinger's over the brownie mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, testing after 30 minutes. Do not over bake these. You want the toothpick to come out of the brownies a little moist.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars and serve.
- Store brownies covered for up to 1 week.